G&C Tours is a multi-faceted organization that has been operating in Uganda for 15 years. We operate safaris for international visitors to Uganda to view the highlights such as mountain gorillas, chimpanzees and game viewing as well as tailormade tours for special interests, e.g. birding, cultural tours, etc. Our guides are some of Uganda’s best and have many years of combined experience. We have some of our own lodge and camp accommodation facilities in Bwindi and QENP and we use other accommodations best suited to guests travelling to the various areas of Uganda. We also operate boats on Lake Victoria and the Nile River at Murchison Falls where we offer guests a unique safari experience from the water.
Type of vehicle used:
- We use Toyota landcruisers – modified for 7 seats with window access for all guests and roof hatches. All vehicles are specifically modified to our own specifications and the majority are less than 3 years old. All seats have seatbelts and high backs with headrests. All vehicles carry full comprehensive and passenger liability insurance to the highest levels and are registered fully in Uganda. The vehicles have fridges and invertor charging facilities inside and for added comfort cushions are provided for guests’ use.
Description of the types of guides used on the tours
- Our guides are experienced – at least 6 years in the industry but many with over 10 years. They are trained with our own in-house courses – floral / faunal identification as well as outside courses for more specialist and higher level training including 4×4 driving and first aid.
Available languages: English, French. Others required are hired in specifically as the demand is low.
National Parks included in itineraries:
- All the main ones and any others as long as security is fine
- We use local guides
- We use local staff – from the communities close by if possible in our camps/lodges
- We buy as much as we can locally – supplies and infrastructure too
- Our tours always encourage guests to do community tours and donate to organizations assisting correctly with community development rather than handing money/ items out along the way.
- We utilize community based accommodations where appropriate – bear in mind that for the most part we deal with very high-end guests.
Contact us for more information about Pearls of Uganda