Stebar Safaris Ltd is an environmentally-conscious East African tour company based in Uganda. We offer a wide range of programs in order to ensure that customers have ample choices at their disposal.
Our itineraries are tailored to include visits to community based projects because we strongly believe in sustainable community tourism. We also encourage all our clients to participate or support community or conservation projects through volunteer placements.
Description of the types of guides used on the tours: We employ experienced and professionally trained guides from USAGA (Uganda Safari Guides Association) and Uganda Bird Guides Association.
Available languages: English and German
National Parks included in itineraries: Our tours cover all National Parks except Kidepo, which can be included upon special request.
- Gorilla trekking safaris and tours
- Chimpanzee tracking and tours
- Birding safaris
- Wildlife adventure safaris
- Cultural safaris
- Student study trips
- White water rafting
- Community and volunteer opportunities
- City tours
Sustainable and Responsible Travel
- We deal with small groups of people to enhance the experience for our guests and reduce the impact on the environment
- We use more internet than print advertising to reduce waste
- We work closely with UWEC, UWA who in turn help educate our clients about environmental conservation
- We support community-run accommodation
- All our guides are local
- We offer tours of local communities and give tourists the option to purchase handmade crafts and observe local traditions
- We provide our clients with the opportunity to stay in authentic local community accommodations
- We support Kabazaire Memorial Child Development Center and YAWE located in Fort Portal
- We ensure that most of our tailor made itineraries, especially long safaris, allocate at least a day or two for volunteer work on a project of their choice
Contact us for more information about Pearls of Uganda