SilverBack Safari Lodge
Location: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
This small and cozy lodge is perched high above a valley, overlooking the dense, gorilla-inhabited forest of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The view is absolutely stunning, and bird watching and primate viewing are possible right from the doorway of your room. Silverback Lodge’s architectural design is simple, natural and filled with the character that GeoLodges Uganda has become known for. The seven rooms were designed using local materials, such as forest vines, sisal rope and purple slate stone, and the forest and clouds that drift by in the valley can be admired from the veranda.
The restaurant’s unique and creative menus include local and international cuisine, served in comfortable surroundings. The well-stocked Summit Bar is perfect for sharing the day’s adventures. Alternatively, you may choose to stroll through the large gardens along the butterfly and bird trails.
- International restaurant and Summit Bar
- Veranda with forest views
- Large gardens
- Seven en-suite rooms
- Hot running water
- On-site wildlife viewing
SilverBack Lodge offers seven rooms built next to each other using local materials, such as the forest vines, sisal rope and purple slate stone. Each room has an ensuite bathroom and comfortable chairs on the veranda, where you can sit and admire the stunning scenery of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and clouds that drift by in the valley.
Activities At The Lodge
- Gorilla Tracking: The most exciting experience that Bwindi has to offer.
- Primate Trekking: Hike through the Impenetrable forest in search of chimpanzees
- Hikes: Explore our six varied hiking trails
- Safari day trips: Visit the unique tree-climbing lions of Ishasha, a two-hour drive away.
- Tourism revenue has funded a number of initiatives including a child school sponsorship program and a tree nursery project. Seedlings raised in a nursery are given to local families or planted in the community forest.
- Organically grown fruit and vegetables are sourced from the local community
- Income from the sale of crafts is used by the craftswomen to buy goats and pigs, as well as the promotion of a household savings and investment programme.
(per person, per night)
- Full Board: $250 US
- Half Board: $230 US
- Bed & Breakfast: $210 US
(per person, per night)
- Full Board: $190 US
- Half Board: $170 US
- Bed & Breakfast: $150 US