Ruboni Community Camp
Location: Bordering Rwenzori Mountains National Park
Stretching along the Congo border, the spectacular Rwenzori Mountains are the third highest range of mountains in Africa, but one of the most dfficult to climb. On clear days their snow-capped peaks loom over the verdant landscapes of the Rift Valley. Ruboni Community Camp is situated in the Rwenzori foothills, beside the peaceful farming village of Ruboni, and offers guests the chance to enjoy the gorgeous mountain views from the comfort of their own rooms, surrounded by colorful tropical gardens.
Self-contained bandas, private rooms and safari tents are available, along with a restaurant and scenic veranda. All staff are from Ruboni, and will be delighted to share with you their in-depth knowledge of the region and of the Bakonzo culture.
This is the ideal retreat for visitors who wish to hike the Rwenzoris, take an early morning birding trek, or explore the village of Ruboni and meet its friendly residents. As all profits are returned to the community, you can see the direct impacts of your stay!
- Solar powered lighting
- Restaurant serving typical Ugandan and continental dishes
- Balcony/veranda with mountain views
- Private rooms with mosquito nets
- Small camping area (biger camping available in the village)
- Private bathrooms with options of composting toilets and flash toilets
- Hot overhead showers
- Running water from a spring (bandas only)
- Showers in bandas.
Price Per Person based on 2 people sharing (2018)
- Camping: US$ 5
- Single rooms: US$ 20.00
- Self contained bandas: US$ 25.00
Please note that child discount is negotiable
Activities At The Lodge
- Ruboni Village Walk: See a traditional homestead, craft demonstrations and cultural performance
- Hill Climb Walk: Mountain views of Margarita Peak, Africa’s 3rd highest mountain
- Nature Walk: Walk in the forest bordering the UNESCO World Heritage National Park
- Bird Watching: Look for Rwenzori turacos; tiny, iridescent subirds and colorful bee-eaters
- Traditional dance performances: Shown to you by the local youth group and you can join in to show your style
- Three days two nights Mahoma trail inside the park (the Rwenzori) – near the central circuit
- Tourism revenue has funded a number of initiatives including a child school sponsorship program and a tree nursery project. Seedlings raised in a nursery are given to local families or planted in the community forest
- Organically grown fruit and vegetables are sourced from the local community
- Income from the sale of crafts is used by the craftswomen to buy goats and pigs, as well as the promotion of a household savings and investment programme
- creation of a community forest reserve in the buffer zone of the park (So far 100 acres of indigenous forest)
Prices – 2018:
- self contained – 25$ pp. B&B
- noneself contained – 20$pp. B&B
- camping – 5$ pp. bed only
- Village walk – 15$ pp.
- Hill climb walk – 15$ pp.
- Forest walk – 15$ pp.
- Overnight hill hike – 100$ pp all inclussive
- 3 days 2 nights mahoma trail trek- 460$ pp all inclusive.
+256-752503445 +256-414501866 (office)
- GeoLodges Equator Snow lodge