Red Chilli Rest Camp
Location: Inside Murchison Falls National Park
Red Chilli Rest Camp is the only budget accommodation located inside Murchison Falls National Park – and the best place to meet like-minded travellers; begin your thrilling safari; or take a launch trip to the Falls – the Nile River boat dock is right on our doorstep! Our open-sided restaurant offers great views across the river – and is a great place to relax with a chilled beer or a good book after a dusty day on safari. We also have a bonfire most evenings, and campers with their own cooking equipment are welcome to use the barbecue area.
Red Chilli three-day safaris to Murchison Falls National Park depart three times a week from Kampala, and are perfect for budget and solo travellers, as well as groups. But you don’t need to venture all the way into the park to begin your adventure – warthogs, marabou storks and baboons are frequent visitors to the camp – and at night don’t be surprised if you hear hippos grazing outside the door of your room!
- Restaurant and bar (open until midnight)
- Outdoor seating areas
- Barbecue area (equipment not provided)
- Power points for charging laptops and phones
- On-site wildlife viewing
- Camping area for up to 100 guests (tents not provided)
- Electricity is available from 9am until midnight
All bandas have mosquito nets, electric lights, fans, linen and towels. Furnished safari tents have linen but no towels, and the tents are treated with mosquito repellent. As there is no electricity, paraffin lamps are supplied. at night
Available rooms include:
- En-suite family banda (sleeps four)
- En-suite twin banda
- Twin banda with shared bathroom facilities
- Twin safari tent with shared bathroom facilities
- Camping area – tents not provided
Activities At The Lodge
- Red Chilli Standard Safari: Perfect if you are on a tight budget but still want to enjoy the big game experience. Price: US$240 per person.
- Red Chilli Big Five Safari: Similar to our very popular Murchison Falls Safari but now including rhino tracking. Price: US$285 per person.
- Red Chilli Queen Elizabeth Four-Day Safari: A four day trip combining wildlife viewing with other activities designed to highlight the best of the scenery and communities in the foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains and the Fort Portal region. Price $299 per person
Our trips run twice a week. Specially designed ‘exclusive’ trips can be organised according to customer requirements.
We offer one night’s free camping or dormitory accommodation at Red Chilli Kampala the night before the trip departs, subject to availability.
- Limited availability of electricity saves energy.
- Red Chilli is working on introducing solar hot water and a community craft shop. All staff receive training.