Paraa Safari Lodge
Location: Murchison Falls National Park
Established in 1954, Paraa Safari Lodge is in Murchison Falls National Park, on the banks of the mighty River Nile. The Lodge offers a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure.
There is a choice of fine dining, and the Explorer’s bar is the ideal watering hole after a day of wildlife discovery in Murchison Falls National Park. The luxurious pool overlooks the winding river below.
Set in an area of landscaped gardens, the safari décor of the lodge still reflects the bygone era of early explorers, enshrined with a modern touch.
Enjoy a variety of excursions and activities; from exhilarating Safari drives to boat trips along the River Nile, ending at the foot of Murchison Falls. For the more adventurous, one can trek up to the top of the falls and marvel at the views through the mist. A variety of ecosystems and an impressive 451 species of birds awaits you here…
- Restaurant and bar
- Travel desk
- Conference facility
- Business Service Centre with Internet access
- Gift Shop
- Laundry service
- On-site wildlife viewing
Each of the 54 rooms is a haven of style and serenity, complete with balcony and private bathroom. All rooms have fans and hot water.
Suites also have air conditioning, mini bars and panoramic windows.
In addition, the Queen’s Cottage has a sunken bath, king-size master bedroom, twin room (both with en suite bathrooms), living/dining room, mini bar and air conditioning.
Activities At The Lodge
- Chimpanzee Tracking
- Game Drive
- Birding and Nature Walks
- Boat ride to Murchison Falls
- Boat trip to the Nile Delta
- The Paraa Safari Lodge supports and operates with the help of the local and surrounding communities. Most of the staff at the lodge are local residents helping to create authentic Ugandan surroundings with the comforts of home.
- Nightly dancers from Mubako community arrive to show off their moves and display the local culture and heritage.
- Though few crops grow in this region, we source fruit from the surrounding communities when we can.
Marasa Africa. Plot 96-98 5th Street Industrial Area P.O.Box 22827 | Kampala | Uganda Ph: +256 (0) 312 260260/1 Ph: +256 (0) 414 255992 Fax:+256 (0) 312 260262 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com www.marasa.net
Bed and Breakfast:
- Single: 120,
- Double: $180,
- Suite: $240 (per room)
- Royal Cottage: $500 (per person)
- Double: $230
- Suite: $290 (per room)
- Royal Cottage:$590 (per person)
1-2 children sharing with adults pay $45 full board per child, or $70 in a room of their own