Gorilla Safari Lodge
Location: Nshongi, bordering Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Gorilla Safari Lodge is a luxurious lodge tucked away at the boundary line of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – home of the endangered mountain gorilla. It is the ideal base from which to trek the Nshongi group of Gorillas, the biggest group ever habituated.
The lodge offers accommodations in eight en suite cabins with individual verandahs allowing exclusive views towards the pristine tropical rain forest. The restaurant, bar, and comfortable lounge at the main lodge have large windows to allow guests to make the most of the view – and a fireplace to take the chill off the misty mountain air.
As well as gorilla tracking, we are ideally located for bird watching, hiking and cultural tours of the local community – or simply relaxing with a good book on your private porch.
You will feel on top of the world from your first gaze across the landscape that simply takes your breath away!
- Restaurant and bar
- Tour desk
- On-site wildlife viewing
- Gift shop selling local crafts
- Laundry service
- Camp fire
Reached by walkways along the hillside, these elegantly designed bandas offer comfort, style and privacy. All bandas have en suite bathrooms with hot showers and flush toilets, private verandahs and fireplaces for the refreshing mountain evenings. Suites and family cottages have seating areas by the fireplace.
Available rooms include:
- Three double bandas
- Three suites (double bandas with seating area)
- Two family cottages with two twin rooms,
- One twin banda
Activities At The Lodge
- Gorilla Trekking
- Community Walks
- Guided Forest Walks and Bird watching
- Waterfall tour in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Many vegetables served in the restaurant come from community gardens.
- The Lodge started several vegetable gardens and have supplied seedlings – so that even during low season the community has a source of income.
- They work with the International Gorilla Conservation Programme and the local community in workshops.
- Local crafts are sold at the Lodge – all profits are returned to the artists.
- Double banda: $300 US per room full board
- Suite: $350 US per room full board
- Family cottages: $500 US per cottage full board
- Twin banda: $300 US per banda full board
- Single guest: $200 US full board