Budongo Eco Lodge
Location: Budongo Central Forest Reserve, inside Murchison Falls National Park
Get away from it all at Budongo Eco Lodge! These comfortable and spacious eco-cabins are tucked away in a dark, cool forest, home to chimps, monkeys, rare bird species and tree hyraxes, providing a wonderful mix of relaxation and adventure!
While getting prepared for your tour, enjoy a cold soda, hot snack or one of our delicious chocolate brownies. Taste our excellent fresh-brewed Ugandan coffee or have dinner in the warm light of the candles at night. Our restaurant offers a variety of traditional and international meals that will be served outside on the terrace, while enjoying the magical sounds of the forest.
The visitors’ centre displays a selection of different animal skeletons, fossils and snares that were found in the forest, as well as detailed information about Budongo Forest Reserve. Our craft shop offers a small yet excellent selection of Uganda’s crafts and gifts, made by local women using natural materials with simple and colorful designs.
- Restaurant and bar
- Travel desk
- Visitors’ centre with local information and artifacts
- Craft shop
- On-site wildlife and bird watching
- Solar-powered lighting and solar hot water
Budongo Eco Lodge has five self-contained cabins constructed with natural materials to blend perfectly with the forest. One is double and four are twin/triple, with a sofa bed used as a third bed. All rooms have private bathrooms with solar-heated showers, dry toilets, private verandas, solar lighting and mosquito nets. There are also four dorm rooms with two bunk beds – each sleeps four guests. Dorms have shared showers with solar heated water, shared toilets and solar lighting.
Activities At The Lodge
- Chimp Tracking: 2-4 hours. $50 (low season) $60 (high season)
- Chimp Habituation: Spend a full day in the company of our distant cousins and study their behaviour. $150
- Forest Walks: Join a guided walk on a network of trails. $15/$20 for 1.5/4 hour walks
- Bird Walks: See elusive bird species such as the Paradise Flycatcher and the Chocolate-backed Kingfisher. $15/$20 for 3 hour/full day walks
- The cabins contain eco-toilets, are solar powered and solar heated and contain energy saving bulbs.
- All staff members are from the Boomu community, and laundry is done by women from the village.
- Produce is supplied by the local community market, and the shop sells locally-produced crafts.
Cabins (price per cabin in US$):
- Single occupancy: $66 b&b, $78 half board, $88 full board
- Double occupancy: b&b $110, $134 half board, $155 full board
- Triple occupancy: $128b&b, $166 half board, $205 full board
Dormitories (price per person in US$):
- $22 b&b, $34 half board, $45 full board