Sambiya River LodgeLocation: Inside Murchison Falls National Park
Situated just 15 minutes from the top of the magnificent Murchison Falls, Sambiya River Lodge is the perfect location for those who want to experience the tranquility of Uganda. The Lodge's unique charm is in the atmosphere of intimacy provided to the guests. Our 36 cottages and bandas are tucked away beneath the trees of our beautiful tropical garden, which also contains a small children's play area and a pool.
Offering our own transport and superb guides, we offer personalised wildlife safaris, fishing excursions, birding walks and trips to Murchison Falls to suit each of our guests' unique tastes. Sambiya River Lodge is the perfect place to relax between adventures: watch a spectacular African sunrise with fresh coffee or tea on your cottage verandah; cool off in the pool after a day full of activities; enjoy excellent meals and sundowners around the Lodge bar; or sip after dinner drinks by the camp fire.
Sambiya allows you to relax in luxury whilst experiencing the sights and sounds of Africa.
- Lodge amenities
- Restaurant and bar with TVs
- Swimming pool
- Travel desk
- Gift shop
- On-site wildlife viewing in the surrounding gardens
- Solar water heater
- Electricity in the mornings and evening
Room DescriptionScattered around the peaceful gardens, Sambiya has 26 individual and family thatched cottages with en suite bathrooms, fans, screened doors and windows, mosquito nets, and a veranda to relax and enjoy the commanding views of quintessential Africa.
Ten basic bandas are also available for guest accommodation, including one en suite banda and nine with shared bathroom facilities. Bandas have fans, screened doors and windows and mosquito nets.
Activities At The Lodge
- Game drives - we have our own vehicle
- Trips to the top of the Falls
- Nile boat rides to thebottom of the Falls - with the option of hiking to the top
- Bird watching
- Hiking and trekking, including walking safaris
- Chimp tracking and forest walks in Kaniyo Pabidi Forest
- Fishing - check out our “Hall of Fame” board to see what has been caught!
- Sambiya was designed as a small eco-lodge. Most of the trees in the concession area were undisturbed and consequently the site is very ‘green’.
- It was built with materials from the area.
- Sambiya Lodge has solar heated hot water
- Local crafts from Anaka Women’s Group are sold in the Lodge Gift Shop
+256 414 233 596
- Cottages: $90 US full board sharing, $105 US full board single (per person, full board)
- Self-contained banda: 75,000 USh sharing, 100,000 USh single (per person, b&b)
- Non-self contained bandas: 55,000 USh sharing, 70,000 USh single (per person, b&b)