Bunyonyi Overland Resort
Location: Lake Bunyonyi, Kabale south western Uganda
We offer superb accommodation in comfortable safari tents, rooms, cottages and family cottages. We also offer a camping option for those with their own equipment and a comfortable 'rent a mobile tent' with or without bedding arrangement in our pleasent gardens. Whilst at the resort you will find lots of activities to keep you more than occupied. Should simple relaxation be all you are looking for then there is no better place to read your book or chill out than on the terrace of your accommodation. All accommodations are sited with a splendid views over the lake.
Furnished Safari Tents: Our 10 safari tents are mounted on raised platforms. Each has its own terrace and wonderful views over Lake Bunyonyi.
Cottages: Each of our 12 cottages with panoramic views up the lake offer both twin and double occupancy options.
Family Cottages: The two family cottages are completely self-contained and fully furnished for your convienience. Satellite TV is also included.
Rooms: Our four rooms make up part of one terraced block.
Rent a mobile tent: For those on a budget traveling without their own camping equipment why not consider renting a mobile tent from us, with or without bedding? Choose your pitch and we will set it up and furnish for you.
Self-camping: If you have your own equipment our gardens and dedicated camping area provide a serene, safe, affordable and comfortable environment for your stay at Lake Bunyoni Overland Resort.
Room DescriptionEach room contains a fireplace, fan, hot water, private bathroom and cable/satellite television.
- On-site restaurant
- Tour/ travel desk
- Conference facilities
- Laundry/ dry cleaning services
- Internet Access
- On-site bar
- Library/ reading room
- Souvenir/ gift shop
- Secure car parking
- Restaurant with fireplace and bsnack ar (try the local crayfish direct from the lake!)
- Conference room
- Craft shop
- Picnic and relaxation areas
- Travel information
- Satellite TV
- Grocery store with essential items
- Storage or safe custody of personal effects
- Car hire and taxi
- Laundry service
- First aid, emergency contacts, 24 hour security
- 24/7 internet connection Ushs 100/- per minute
Activities At The Lodge
- Volleyball, badminton, indoor games
- Swimming, canoeing, boat-motor hire
- Bird watching
- Mountain biking
- Community walks
- Twice weekly local market
- We have been implementing a tree planting campaigns at our lodge and in the surrounding areas. We encourage visitors to at least plant a tree while at our lodge to promote the environmental conservation campaign.
- We take visitors to learn about the lives of the local population, their farming activities and how community tourism is directly benefitting villagers. Local communities are invited to sell their locally made handcrafts to our guests.
- We work directly with local guides on village walks. This helps tourists attain the most authentic experience while simultaneously giving back to the community.
- All our hotel staff and guides are from the local community. The cultural authenticity and quality of your trip will be something that you will never forget!
- We purchase locally produced food, crafts, fabrics, lodge décor and furniture from the local community to help support the economy.
Prices below for bed only basis in US dollars.
- Camping in own tent: US$7- per person per night
- Renting a mobile tent: US$10- per person per night
- Mobile tent with bedding: US$12- per pp/per night
- Furnished double tent: US$35- per night
- Furnished tent (single occupancy): US$25- per night
- Family cottage: US$110-
- Double room: US$40- per night
- Single room: US$30- per night
- Double cottage: US$40- per night
- Single cottage: US$35- per night
- Tel +256 (0)486 423741, 424700, 426016
- Fax (0)486 423741/2
- Mobiles +256 (0)772 409510, (0)712 409510
- Website: www.bunyonyioverland.com