Birdnest at Bunyonyi ResortLocation: Lake Bunyonyi, in South Western Uganda, Kabale District
Our resort is located right on Lake Buyonyi. Guests can sit back and relax surrounded by the gorgeous scenery and countryside or partake in the ample cultural, natural and eco-tourism activities offered through the lodge. We also organize relaxing day-trips in the local district to allow guests to discover exclusive local spots and interact with the local people and nature. Tourist can meet the local community for a truly authentic Ugandan travel experience.
Due to our concenient location, we can arrange trips to Bwindi Impenetrable and Queen Elizabeth National Parks, or even a day trip to Rwanda.
Room DescriptionEach room contains a fireplace, hot water and cable/satellite television. All room rates include breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Tour/ travel desk
- Conference facilities
- Laundry/ dry cleaning services
- Library/ reading room
- Souvenir/ gift shop
Activities At The Lodge
- Bird watching
- Motorboat trips with guide
- Canoe hire (with or without guides)
- Swimming in the pool or lake
- Visiting hot springs
- Visiting local community with guide
- Visiting one of the many Islands on the lake
- Visiting Kisizi Falls
- Percussion workshops
- We encourage guests every Monday and Friday to visit the local market, a short walk from the Birdnest Resort. The market offers mainly fresh fruits and vegetables and some local made handcrafts, as well as second hand clothing. This way tourists can meet the locals, support the economy and get a real sense of Ugandan culture.
- We employ local staff and offer them extra training and courses to help their professional development. Almost all our staff come directly from the surrounding areas.
- We purchase locally grown food from the local market and communities. We also buy crafts, lodge décor and furniture from local craftsmen and carpenters.
International: +256 754 252 560
Mobile: +32 498 104 303
- Standard double or twin room self contained with lake view and balcony US $110
- Standard twin room with bathroom, balcony and lake view US $100
- Standard room, self contained, mountain view US $90
- Executive or family suite with bathroom, balcony, sitting room and lake view US $150
- Deluxe executive room, self contained with lake view and veranda balcony US $130
- Extra single bed: US $25
- Camping in own tent: US $9, Birdnest family tent: US $15