GeoLodges Nile Safari LodgeLocation: Bordering Murchison Falls National Park
Set amid papyrus forests on the banks of the River Nile, Nile Safari Lodge offers luxurious accommodation in Uganda's largest national park. The wooden chalets and luxury tents all have private balconies suspended over the mighty river, maximizing stunning views and giving a true feeling of wild Africa. Weaver nests occupy overhanging trees, vervet monkeys leap from branch to roof, and hippos snort with contentment.
Nile Safari Lodge brings you closer to nature without damaging the environment, allowing our guests to co-exist peacefully with the region´s natural inhabitants, without air conditioning or barriers to wildlife. The secluded pool offers the best reprieve from the equatorial sun after a day of activities. At dusk, we invite you to enjoy our open fireplace - perfect for stargazing, bird watching, and enjoying a chilled sundowner.
We hope to instill a love and enthusiasm for this exceptionally beautiful area which will stay with you forever!
- Restaurant and bar
- Extended deck with seating area
- Swimming pool
- Tour desk and
- Small craft shop
- On-site wildlife viewing
- Outdoor fireplace with cultural dance performances
- Shoebill Camp Site for guests who bring tents
Room DescriptionAll rooms and tents have lighting and private bathrooms with flushing toilets and outdoor "bush" showers, filled with hot or cold water on request. They have private verandas overlooking the Nile.
Available rooms include:
- Twin safari tents
- Private cabins (family, double and twin cabins)
- Camping area - tents not provided
Activities At The Lodge
- Boat Ride: Sail around the island in the river and down to the delta – ideal for shoebill spotting! $50 per boat.
- Bird Walk: With an experienced guide. $10 per person.
- Village Walk: Visit nearby Mubako community with Francis, a community member and guide $10 pp .
- Cultural Performances: Mubako Community perform traditional songs and dances around the camp fire.
- Solar powered lighting is installed in the tents
- Bush showers save water
- Many staff are from Mubako Community, local labourers are employed when possible
- Paper beads created as a result of the the Bead for Life project
0414 258 273, 0312 260 758
$160 US single, $140 US sharing
$120 single, $100 sharing
All rates are per person and full board. Packed lunches can be provided on request.
Camping is $10 US per person, camping only, but guests may use the pool and purchase meals at the restaurant.