GeoLodges RainForest LodgeLocation: Mabira Forest Reserve
GeoLodges' exquitite and unusual RainForest Lodge has been built using local, onsite materials to create a stunningly unique atmosphere for visitors to truly appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Mabira Forest Reserve. Boasting over 100 species each of birds, butterflies and insects as well as three primate species and outstanding biodiversity, the RainForest Lodge exhibits the peace and calm of an equatorial hardwood rainforest in the heart of Uganda.
Lodge facilities include the internationally-renowned Legacies Restaurant; the Canopy Bar, with daily cocktail specialities; and the Elements Lounge: A multi-level, 360-degree open lounge with comfortable seating and beautiful views of Mabira Forest. The campfire is the perfect place to rest in the evenings, surrounded by leaping vervet monkeys and the haunting sound of tree hyraxes.
Trails wind through the forest to the private cabins, tranquil seating areas and the secluded pool, and guests are invited to explore the fascinating nature trails with a trained guide who will share the forest's secrets.
- Open-sided Legacies Restaurant and Canopy Bar
- Travel desk
- Gift shop
- Hiking trails
- On-site wildlife viewing
- Sauna and massage
Room DescriptionThe Lodge has seven double rooms and five twin rooms. The rooms have en suite bathrooms with hot showers; comfortable lounge areas; large beds; secluded balconies with seating (morning tea and coffee are served here); and screened windows that open upwards to provide a 180 degree view of the forest. The temperature in the rooms is controlled by the natural climate of the forest.
Activities At The Lodge
- Forest Walks: With our in-house naturalist
- Birdwatching: 100 species are found here
- RainForest Lodge runs on hydroelectric power and uses energy saving lightbulbs. Meals are cooked on gas. For showers, the water is heated by solar power fitted individually on each room.
- We use natural cleaning products that do not pollute the surrounding forest.
- Paper and plastic are recycled whenever possible, indigenous seedlings are grown in our tree nursery to reforest areas that have become degraded.
0414 258 273, 0312 260 758
- Single occupation: (per person, per night)
- Full Board: $175 US
- Half Board: $155 US
- Bed & Breakfast: $135 US
- Twin/double sharing: (per person, per night)
- Full Board: $150 US
- Half Board: $130 US
- Bed & Breakfast: $110 US