GeoLodges Jacana Safari LodgeLocation: Bordering Queen Elizabeth National Park
Set on the edge of Uganda's largest crater lake, this tree house lodge grew out of the forest, in harmony with nature. The delicate use of natural materials and rich textures blend perfectly with the scents, sights and sounds of this tropical hardwood forest, creating an unforgettable travel experience.
Luxury chalets and a family cottage are tucked away in the dense foliage of Maramagambo Forest, ensuring a peaceful and restorative stay. Your private veranda is the perfect spot to enjoy a chilled sundowner or early morning tea and coffee, served by your personal waiter.
Sink into the comfortable sofas of the Virunga Lounge around the large stone fireplace to tell your African adventure stories.
The lower deck and bar hang over Lake Nyamusingire's edge and lead to the Captain's Table, a floating pontoon for meals and exploration of the Lake. The swimming pool is located next to the Lake, perfect for viewing fabulous sunsets, and the sauna and massage area provide a soothing holistic experience to perfectly complete the day's adventures.
- Restaurant and bar
- Virunga Lounge with fireplace, sofas and hammocks
- Sundowner Bar with lake views
- Swimming pool overlooking the Lake
- Sauna and massage area
- Self-contained chalets and a family cottage, all with en-suite bathrooms with hot water
- On-site wildlife viewing
- Floating “Captain’s Table” pontoon - for dinner on the lake
Room DescriptionJacana offers ten spacious, luxury chalets and a family cottage with two rooms joined together. Each is secluded by the surrounding forest. All rooms have en-suite washrooms with hot showers and an enclosed veranda with large panoramic windows offering views of Lake Nyamusingire.
Activities At The Lodge
- Game Drives: Safaris to Mweya Peninsula in search of elephants, warthogs, lions, leopards, antelopes and more.
- Kayaking: Venture out onto the lake and take a picnic basket with you.
- Kazinga Channel Boat Cruise: Observe hippos, elephants, crocodiles, buffalo and thousands of birds while you calmly cruise down the channel.
- Forest Walks: Explore the Albertine Rift on foot, and spot birds, butterflies and monkeys.
- Energy efficient appliances and limiting electricity use to a few hours a day leaves a lighter carbon footprint
- Restaruant fare includes local produce, fish and other tasty ingredients from Uganda
- Lodge staff come from nearby communities creating jobs and building local capacity
- Community dance performances showcase the local culture
0414 258 273, 0312 260 758
Price per room per nightSingle occupation:
(per room, per night)
- Full Board: $330 US
(per room, per night)
- Full Board: $210 US