Nkuringo Gorilla CampLocation: Nkuringo, bordering Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
The Nkuringo Gorilla Camp is located at 2161m above sea level on the Nteko ridge, overlooking a beautiful swath of the world-renowned Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The ridge provides a superb vantage across the Kashasha river valley to the breathtaking, conical peaks of the Virunga Volcanoes, and the surrounding canopy of the Bwindi Forest, home to the endangered mountain gorilla.
Our accommodation includes en-suite cottages, bandas, rooms, tents and a campsite for those who travel with their own tents. We also have a small restaurant serving locally sourced food, and self-catering facilities, so we can welcome guests of all budgets and tastes.
This section of forest is home to the Nkuringo group of gorillas and the camp is ideally located to see them close up. We also offer walking safaris through the forest to the village of Buhoma, and guests will enjoy birding as well as meeting our friendly Bakiga, Bafumbira and Batwa neighbours.
- Restaurant and bar
- Travel desk
- Laundry service
- Lounge area
- Craft shop
- On-site wildlife viewing
Room DescriptionWe have two beautifully hand-crafted en-suite cottages as well as budget rooms and safari tents. Paraffin lanterns provide light and the shared bathroom facility includes two bush showers and two eco toilets. Hot water is prepared for bathing on request
There are several camping terraces for those with their own camping equipment.
- 2 en-suite Cottages
- 5 twin rooms with shared bathroom
- 1 twin banda with shared bathroom
- Safari tents
- Camping with own equipment
Activities At The Lodge
- Nkuringo village walks with cultural performances and demonstrations
- Visit to the Batwa
- Forest walk through Bwindi to Buhoma
- Multi-day trek to Kisoro via Lake Mutanda
- Gorilla tracking
- Canoeing on Lake Mutanda
Responsible TravelWe do not have electricity at the site, lighting is supplied by paraffin lanterns. We have rainwater catchment and storage systems installed, and staff will bring hot water on request. We also have eco-toilets.
Nkurongo Gorilla Camp has started the Nkuringo Youth Initiative program, a community conservation group.
Our Walking Safaris have generated employment for local guides, porters and the canoe team. We are an equal opportunity employer, and are training women to join our team of guides.
The Youth Group entertains our guests with regular cultural performances, and often put the tips they receive towards community projects such as the library and pre-school. They also run a small craft shop. Produce is locally sourced to support Nkuringo’s farming families.
+256 (0) 774 805580 / (0) 792 805580
- Nkuringo Conservation and Development Foundation (NCDF)
- Nkuringo Cultural Centre (NCC)
- Buhoma Community Rest Camp
- Cottages, full board:$165 single occupancy, $210 double.
- Rooms, room only: 66,000 USh single occupancy, 99,000 USh twin.
- Banda, room only; 66,000 USh single occupancy, 99,000 USh twin.
- Safari tents, room only: 66,000 USh single occupancy, 99,000 USh twin.
- Camping with own equipment: 15,000 USh per person, camping only
For all guests EXCEPT those staying in cottages, food is extra:
• Breakfast 10,000 USh per person
• Half board: 40,000 USh per person
• Full board: 50,000 USh per person
evere skin reaction -- fever, raw throat, swelling as part of your face or tongue, burning inside your eyes, skin pain, as well as a red or purple roseola that spreads specially in the face or upper body and results in blistering and peeling cialis indian. The sort of impotence problems ED drug prescribed really should be using the individual preferences of patients, including price of medication, simplicity of use and forms of unwanted side effects, the authors noted women for cialis Patient enrollment is ongoing in a very Phase clinical study of online professional viagra.