Simba Safari CampLocation: Bordering Queen Elizabeth National Park
Simba Safari Camp is a budget safari accommodation situated on the border of Queen Elizabeth National Park. Here you will find a variety of comfortable and affordable guest rooms, dormitory rooms and a well-established campsite with safari tents or space to pitch your own.
Perched on a hill, the camp offers spectacular views of Lake George, Lake Kikorongo and the classic African savannah plains stretching to the distant horizon. It is the closest accommodation for game drives in the Kasenyi plains, and elephants and buffalo can even be viewed from the camp.
Delicious meals are served at our open air restaurant, to give you a taste of real African cuisine. Guests can also choose a wake-up call with fresh tea or coffee served on their verandas.
Whether you wish to go on a game drive, join a boat safari on the Kazinga Channel or go in search of the chimpanzees in Kyambura Gorge, Simba Safari Camp is the perfect base for your adventure!
- Restaurant and bar
- Lounge with DSTV
- Solar power
- On-site wildlife viewing
- Our 4WD safari vehicle which can be hired for game drives or transfers to the Park
Room DescriptionSimba Safari Camp offers eight twin rooms and one triple room. All have ensuite bathrooms with flushing toilets and solar heated water. Private verandas are ideal spots to relax. The family cottage sleeps up to five, with two bedrooms and an additional bed in the lounge. The four dormitory rooms each have five or six bunk beds with mosquito nets and shared showers and toilet blocks.
Activities At The Lodge
- Cultural performances by Kikorongo Women's Group
- Day trips to Katwe Salt Lake and village
- Game drives in the Kasenyi Plains and Mweya Peninsula
- Kazinga Channel boat safari
- Chimp tracking at Kyambura Wildlife Reserve
- Exploration of the crater lakes
- Most staff are from local communities, and much of our fresh fruits and vegetables are purchased from their gardens.
- We host cultural performances and craft workshops at the Camp by Kikorongo Women's Community.
- We have solar-powered lighting and solar hot water.
+256 (0) 414-267153 / Mobile: +256 (0) 772-426368
- Single Room: $55 US b&b, $88 US full board (per room)
- Twin Room: $78 US b&b, $144 US full board (per room)
- Triple Room: $117 US b&b, $217 US full board (per room)
- Family Cottage: $150 b&b, $320 full board (per room)
- Shared Dormitory: $14 US per person bed only
- Camping (furnished tent): $22 per tent single occupancy, $28 US per tent double occupancy bed only
- Camping (own tent): $6 US per person bed only
Children under three years sharing a room with their parents are free of charge, children between 3-12 years pay 50%.