Community tourism enterprises and service providors are encouraged to join the Uganda Community Tourism Association (UCOTA).
One time joining fee: Ushs. 70,000
Annual subscription fees: Ushs. 30,000
Membership Application Process
- Contact UCOTA, and we will give you the application form.
Phone: +256 (0) 772657700
Stopping by the office:
Plot 7A, Lugogo Bypass,
- Complete the form and return to UCOTA by any of the above methods
- UCOTA will review the form
- UCOTA will visit your enterprise/site and review the site based on criteria
The organisation/ enterprise should:
- Be community tourism based
- Benefit the surrounding community
- Be environmentally friendly (i.e. conserves surrounding natural and cultural resources)
- Have high tourism market potential
- Be registered at sub-county level
- After the site visit, the secretariat will compare new information with the membership application form
- Make recommendation to the Board of Directors based on application
- Board of Directors will make decision on whether to accept or reject the application.
- Applicants will be notified within three months
- Upon notification membership fees will be invoiced and sent along with the membership welcome kit
- Membership fees will be due within one month of being notified. Should members fail to pay within one month, the membership fee for the approved membership will be canceled.
Please note: For continuing members, the CBO will not receive benefits until the balance of the annual subscription fee is paid.
For more information about becoming a member please contact us by:
Phone: +256-414501866 / +256-772657700